Jim Rogers Interview: "Become a Farmer" (with notes)
1. Abolish the Fed - market will raise rates before the Fed - Fed will follow - watch for currency market turmoil as trigger.
2. Tim Geithner wrong about the solution to our problem being to try to spend our way out of this mess - which is what got us into this. Why are we listening to Tim Geithner when he's been consistently wrong?
3. Gold is already high - not a buy right now - wouldn't think of selling now - buy at $1,000-central banks around world are shifting to buying gold - several thousand an ounce in the next decade
4. Silver-rather own silver than gold, agriculture probably best buy - ?How to buy? he says buy indexes - but the best thing to do is become a farmer. Food inventories lowest in decades - water is a good commodity - water companies - India and China have water problems - find a way to solve their water problems and you can become rich.
5. Could be a rally in the dollar in the short term - sell at that time - then buy yen, swiss francs Can. Dollars - or commodities
6. Paper money (all over world) not to be trusted.
7. UK not going to keep its triple A rating - he owns no sterling.
8. China turns out 10 or 15 times as many engineers as USA - remember what happened with the Japanese auto industry overtaking USA.